Julien and Kiersten Saunders, the couple behind the award-winning blog and forthcoming book, rich & REGULAR®, are known for their pull-no-punches yet humorous creative storytelling about life and money.
In addition to their platform rich & REGULAR, the Saunders also produce the video series, Money on the Table and Money Editors at Success Magazine. Based in Atlanta, Georgia, their mission is to inspire the African American community to consider and adopt the FIRE lifestyle as a path to building generational wealth.
The Saunders will also be presenting a Big Idea talk on the mainstage at #FinCon21.
In this episode of the Money & Media Podcast, Julien talks with host Joe Saul-Sehy about the early days of rich & REGULAR and prioritizing (then and now) the message and heart of their brand over making money.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- About the intentional steps Julien and Kiersten took in the beginning to build the rich & REGULAR brand
- Why Julien believes all creators should “be willing to be human”
- How and why to create content that is both as entertaining as it is educational
- Behind the scene details of their current video series, Money on the Table, including developing the concept and the team that makes it happen
- What a grocery store has to do with Julien’s content calendar
- How Julien developed his current brand partnership
This episode is brought to you by Starship. If you’re looking for a way to save for both your health and wealth, get the Starship app. Starship lets you spend, save, and invest your HSA (health savings account)–all from one simple app.
About Our Host
Joe Saul-Sehy is the co-host of the Stacking Benjamins personal finance podcast and operates the Stacking Benjamins blog.
Join Us for #FinCon21
Want to meet with other Personal Finance content creators? Join us for #FinCon21 September 22-25, 2021 in Austin, TX. Register for your pass today!