Become a Speaker
Thanks for considering FinCon as the setting for sharing your knowledge and experience in the main areas of creating, promoting, and profiting from great content in personal finance and investing.Deadline: June 30, 2016
We will be choosing speakers throughout the Spring of 2016, but June 30th will be the absolute latest deadline to be considered.
Here are some things to consider before heading to the submission form:
What format are you looking for?
We are accepting submissions for our four main breakout session tracks (45 mins total):
- Advisor Track – Typical FinCon content (e.g. create, promote, profit), but aimed directly at financial advisors (e.g. no affiliate marketing).
- Podcast/Video Track – Everyone knows podcasting and video production education is in high demand. This dedicated track of breakout sessions and panels will bring the best presenters in audio and video to the stage.
- Success Stories Track – Attendees enjoy hearing case studies from other successful attendees. This track of breakout sessions and panels epitomizes the openness of the FinCon community.
- General Track – This track covers everything else that FinCon education sessions have to offer. Topics will include anything in the areas of creating, promoting, and profiting from digital content.
These can be individual or panel. Here’s an example of a typical individual breakout session.
We are also accepting submissions for our two content centers in the Expo Hall (15 mins total):
- Solutions Center Stage Sessions – Quick tips and strategies to create, promote, and profit from personal finance and investing-related digital content. These are mini-sessions and panels (15 mins total) on topics such as email marketing, affiliate marketing and monetization, writing and content management, social media, podcasting and video, as well as, entrepreneurship and small business.
- Innovation Center Stage Sessions – What’s on the cutting edge in consumer personal finance and investing technology. The stage will host mini-sessions and panels (15 mins total) on topics such as crowdfunding, mobile payments, wearable tech, financial apps/software, and crypto-currencies.
What information will I need to submit a session?
You will need: your compelling session title, description with takeaways, complete list of panelists (if applicable), bio, url link to headshot, and basic contact info.
What if I want to submit a panel?
All panelists and moderators will need to complete the agreement separately before the panel is considered.
How long do I have to submit something and when will I know if I’ve been selected?
Speaker submissions will close June 30, 2016. All applicants will be contacted by July, if not earlier.
What types of topics do attendees like?
Attendees like sessions that help them create and deliver better digital content in personal finance and investing. We have sessions on financial innovation and “the future of” various money topics, as well as writing, publishing, podcasting, producing video, and book self-publishing.
Attendees also love content that helps them build a better community around their personal brand.
Finally, attendees love sessions that help them leverage their great content and brand to make money. Topics covered: lead/client generation, Adsense and other contextual advertising, affiliate marketing, digital product creation, membership sites, sponsored content, brand ambassadorships, etc.
Topics that tend to perform poorly with attendees: basic money concepts (i.e. how to budget, how to invest) and anything too self-promotional. If you want to speak on a financial topic it needs to be cutting-edge, very exciting material that attendees could not get elsewhere.
What about Ignite FinCon?
Ignite is a fun event held on Friday night at FinCon where presenters share their personal and professional passions, using 20 slides that auto-advance every 15 seconds for a total of just five minutes. If you are speaking at a FinCon session, you should not apply to speak at Ignite. If you are interested in submitting a spark for Ignite FinCon, you can use the form below. Check out the Ignite FinCon site for more information on the event.