Establishment is out. Experience is in.
Standing firm at the epicenter of this evolution is FinCon – the world’s largest Financial Content Expo – helping hundreds reach millions with a positive money message.
October 25th-28th, 2017
Four days of discovery, business, learning, and connecting with your peers. Begins Wednesday evening with a welcome reception.
Sheraton Dallas Hotel
All conference events on-site at this relaxing hotel – your gateway to the sights, sounds, and experiences that Dallas has to offer.
FinCon: Where Money and Media Meet
On October 25th-28th, 2017 an energetic community of money media nerds will descend on Dallas, TX for a weekend of connecting and learning. Will you be there?
Attendees connect with others in the community, learn to create, promote, and profit from compelling online content, and discover new trends in personal finance and investing.
What You’ll Learn
You’ll learn how to craft compelling money-related digital content for your blog, social accounts, podcast, and video channel – part of this process is learning what’s current in personal finance, deals, and investing.
You’ll learn how to establish your online platform. You’ll also learn to get your quality content in front of more of the right people using the latest in marketing, branding, networking, SEO, and community-building best practices.
You’ll learn from the proven experts exactly how to earn money by freelancing, pairing your content with relevant advertising, leveraging your influence, and creating your own products and services.
#FinCon17 Keynote Speakers
Darren Rowse, ProBlogger
Quintessential blogger, author, podcaster, Darren Rowse will be in Dallas this Fall to deliver an inspirational and educational keynote address to the FinCon community.
That’s right! THE ProBlogger will be at FinCon!
Darren is the co-author of ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income, a practical guide to creating and marketing a profitable blog. He is also the founder of Problogger.com and Digital-Photography-School.com which are read by close to 5 million visitors per month. Read more…
David Bach, Best-selling Author and Television Personality
David Bach has helped millions of people around the world take action to live and finish rich. It’s a thrill to bring David to the FinCon stage!
He is one of the most prolific and bestselling financial authors of our time with 9 consecutive New York Times bestsellers, with more than seven million books in print, translated into over nineteen languages. His runaway bestseller The Automatic Millionaire (completely revised and updated- 2017) spent thirty-one weeks on the New York Times bestseller and was simultaneously #1 on the New York Times, USA Today, Business Week and The Wall Street Journal lists. Read more…
Nicole Walters, Income Strategist and Founder of The Monetized Life
Nicole Walters, founder of The Monetized Life, will be delivering our closing keynote on Saturday, October 28, 2017 at the Sheraton Dallas!
By age 28, Nicole Walters had executive stints with companies like T.Rowe Price and Wells Fargo Mortgage Backed Securities under her belt- and was a highly-paid executive at a Fortune 500 company, managing multibillion dollar accounts. But something wasn’t right. “My job was feeding my family, but not my soul,” she says.
Nicole quit her corporate job to focus open her own private business and product development consulting firm, The Monetized Life. As her audience ramped up, so did her revenue…” Read more…
Dee-1 Performing at #FinCon17
Dee-1 has toured the country with chart topping and Grammy award winning artists such as Macklemore, Lupe Fiasco, Lecrae, and PJ Morton. Most recently, he has headlined his own 30 city nationwide tour.
Dee-1’s public profile skyrocketed due to his viral hit, the student loan anthem “Sallie Mae Back.” After receiving a substantial advance from signing his first major record deal, Dee-1 made a conscious decision not to buy a new car, a big house, or some expensive jewelry, he decided to pay off his student loan. He prides himself on being debt free and to be a rapper responsible for a hit song that is highlighting financial freedom and a tangible message, is just icing on the cake for the New Orleans native. To date, “SalIie Mae Back” has hit millions of views on Youtube & Facebook.
#FinCon17 Big Idea Speakers
#FinCon17 Key Sponsors
#FinCon17 Breakout Sessions
• Social Media Plan Workshop / Linsey Knerl
• Grow Your Media Empire! / Josh Elledge
• Outsource Things You Shouldn’t Be Doing & Hire Your First V.A. / Natalie Sisson
• Blogging 101: A Workshop for True Beginners / Grayson Bell & Charlotte Baker
• Plan Your Year: Content Calendar Workshop / Lauren Bowling
• How to Maximize Your Content Distribution Strategy and Grow Your Business / Caleb Silver (Advanced)
• Making Money Human: Creating Exceptional Content that Connects with Readers / Devin Friedman (Intermediate)
• Mastering Facebook and Turning Your Page Into Profits / Tracie Fobes (Intermediate)
• Beyond Membership Sites: Unique Customer Experiences That Build Profitable Communities / Nathalie Lussier (Intermediate)
• How to Monetize A Small List in 12 Weeks (Without Spending Years Blogging, Learning SEO, and Gambling on Facebook Ads) / Joseph Michael (Intermediate)
• Creating Live Events for Your Community / Dan Franks & Jared Easley (Advanced)
• 11 Best Practices For Affiliate Marketing Profit / Mark Mason (Intermediate)
• Get Booked and Make Money Speaking / Connie Albers (Beginner)
• Six Figure Mastery: How to Become an Authority in Any Niche Market / Zac Johnson (Beginner)
• How to Beat Blogger Burnout and Get Back Your Spark / Cat Alford (Intermediate)
• How I Grew from 1k to 250k Monthly Visitors in 6 Months, Got on NPR, and Landed a Book Deal! / Grant Sabatier (Intermediate)
• From Start-up to Good Morning America in One Year – How We Earned $18 Million in Free Media Exposure / Steve & Annette Economides (Intermediate)
• How I Grew My Monthly Blog Revenue from $16,500 to $102,000 in 24 Months / Jeff Rose, CFP® (Advanced)
• Pitfalls and Successes in Blog Monetization from The White Coat Investor / James M. Dahle, MD (Advanced)
• How I Grew from $942 to $6,089 Per Month in One Year with My Blog / Deacon Hayes (Advanced)
• Chasing ROI: From $18/mo to $100k in 2.5 Years / Rosemarie Groner (Advanced)
• The Content System that Allows me to Write Consistently for Sites Like Entrepreneur.com / John Rampton (Intermediate)
• Financial Advisors – Writing to Get Your Message to Your Target Audience / Roger Wohlner (Advanced)
• Mastering Social Media For Audience Development And Growth / Winnie Sun (Intermediate)
• Thumb-Stopping – Tips and Tricks to Grab Attention on Facebook Mobile / Tina Powell (Advanced)
• Podcasting for Advisors: How to Do $1mm of Revenue with the Shrimp Tank / Ted Jenkin (Intermediate)
• How Two Financial Advisors Use Facebook to Triple Their Seminar Attendance / Kim Walsh Phillips (Advanced)
• Digital Advice, the Modern Approach to a Tired Industry / Stephen Rischall, CRPC (Advanced)
• The Power of Finding Your Focus: How and Why to Niche Your Firm / Eric Roberge (Advanced)
• The “New Media” PR Strategy: Amplifying Your Credibility Through Established Outlets / Stephanie Sammons (Advanced)
• How to Use the Power of Video Effectively to Gain Mass Appeal / Talaat & Tai McNeely (Beginner)
• Format Your Podcast to Keep Listeners Coming Back / Joe Saul-Sehy (Beginner)
• How to Trick People Into Thinking You Have a Video Production Team / Tara Falcone, CFP® (Intermediate)
• Make Personal Finance More Personal – How to Include Storytelling into Your Podcast to Connect with Your Audience and Grow Your Show / Elle Martinez (Intermediate)
• 5 Ways to Make Money with a Podcast / Steve Stewart (Intermediate)
• Patreon Profiteering: How to Establish a Solid Revenue Stream for Your Advice Direct from the Pockets of Your Happy Fans / Joshua Sheats (Advanced)
• Live Video Storytelling Strategies to Captivate Your Fans and Build Your Brand / Rod Griffin and Christina Roman (Advanced)
• How to Talk About Money on YouTube / Chelsea Fagan and Lauren Ver Hage (Beginner)
• High Impact Business Podcasting: Why Serial Shows Aren’t Just for Serial / Mark Asquith (Beginner)
• How the Sausage is Made: A Behind the Scenes Look at How to Create a FinCon Worthy Presentation / Moderator: Grant Baldwin / Panelists: Erin Chase, Pat Flynn (Intermediate)
• Broadening Your Audience — and Engaging Them When They Get There / Ms Our Next Life / Panelists: Jessica Moorhouse, Jim Wang, Mrs. Frugalwoods, Kara Perez (Advanced)
• What You Need to Succeed in SEO Now and What to Stop Doing Immediately / Moderator: Todd Tresidder / Panelists: Tom Drake, Claudia Pennington, Ryan Guina, Larry Ludwig (Advanced)
• Guest Podcasting: How Being a Guest Expert on Podcasts Can Grow Your Audience and Build Your Business / Moderator: Jessica Rhodes / Panelists: Hilary Hendershott, Damion Lupo, Jordan Goodman, Julie Broad (Advanced)
• The Hidden Secret Behind Freelance Success / Moderator: Zina Kumok / Panelists: Alaina Tweddale, Holly Johnson, Victoria Araj, Carrie Smith Nicholson (Intermediate)
• Wait! What Do I Do to Protect MY Money and Credit? / Moderator: Bev O’Shea / Panelists: Gerri Detweiler, Beverly Harzog, Barry Paperno, Jamie Lieberman (Advanced)
• From Blogger to Coach – Transitioning Your Audience from Information to Transformation / Moderator: LaTisha Styles / Panelists: Courtney Sanders, Brian Bain, Amanda Abella, Leisa Petersen (Advanced)
• The Keys to Making 7 Figures with Webinars Even If You Hate Selling / Moderator: Toni Anderson / Panelists: Steve Chou, Scott Voelker, Joe Nicoletti, Hailey Friedman (Intermediate)
• Financial Independence / Early Retirement Panel / Moderator: Paul Golden / Panelists: Doug Nordman, Scott Trench (Intermediate)
• What Will You Do for Money? Top Influencers Share the Secret of Making Profits Without Selling Your Soul / Moderator: Liz Weston / Panelists: Ron Lieber, Lynnette Khalfani-Cox, J.D. Roth, Jason Vitug (Advanced)
• What’s Wrong with Credit Card Travel Hacking? / Moderator: Jason Steele / Panelists: Richard Kerr, Matthew Kepnes, Gary Leff, Summer Hull (Intermediate)
• Do We Need a Universal Basic Income? / Moderator: Emily Guy Birken / Panelists: Maria Nedeva, Kyle Prevost, Hannah Rounds, Kevin L. Matthews (Beginner)
• How to Negotiate Top Deals / Moderator: Rebecca Neale / Panelists: Farnoosh Torabi, Jessica Woodbury, Crystal Stemberger, Revanche (Intermediate)
• Growing a Thriving Facebook Community / Moderator: Tabitha Philen / Panelists: Nick Loper, Emma Johnson, Robert Farrington (Intermediate)
• How to Represent a Brand Without Losing Yours / Moderator: Aja McClanahan / Panelists: Matt Schulz, Jackie Lam, Stefanie O’Connell, Miranda Marquit (Intermediate)
• How to Monetize Your Podcast With Blogger Skillz / Moderator: Michelle Jackson / Panelists: Lee Rankinen, Ryan Gray, Jaime Tardy, Toni Husbands (Intermediate)
• Women in Financial Leadership / Moderator: Stacy Wakefield / Panelists: Erin Lowry, Casey Bond, Beta Karimazadeh, Diane Harris (Beginner)
• Double Your Freelance Rates: How to Find and Secure Lucrative Contracts with Fully Funded Start-Ups / Linsey Knerl
• How to Get Quoted in the Media as an Expert / Bobbi Rebell
• How to Maximize Your Reach, Your Impact, and Your Revenue with Facebook Ads / Monica Louie
• I Accepted A 7-Figure Buyout Of My Blog / Dan Green
• The Anatomy of a Compelling Pinterest Image: How to Create Pinterest Images that Drive Traffic Like Nobody’s Business / Jackie Beck
• How to Maximize Revenue from Display Advertising in a Mobile World / Melody Gambino
• An Unconventional Guide to Reaching Teens With Your Content / Eva Baker
• How I Used My Podcast to Land a Book Deal, Get a Teaching Gig, Sell Podcasting to a Major Movie Studio, and Then There’s Prince Harry / Vernon Ross
• How to Double Your Income and Reduce Your Workload / Kathleen Celmins
• Deducting Blogging Expenses & Self-Employment Taxes (Ask Me Anything) / Eric Nisall
• Keep it Legal: What You Need to Know as a Blogger / Elizabeth Stapleton
• How I Doubled My Income After #FinCon16 / Kine Corder
• How to Turn Your Obstacles into Opportunities to Accelerate Your Business and Life / Kylie Travers
• Generating Leads/Customers Using a Course [Case Study] / AWeber Team
• Be a HARO Hero: Making the Most of HARO.com / Casey Fleming
• Financial Coaching Myths, Magic & Mastery / Saundra Davis
• Learn How to Use LinkedIn to Attract High-Quality Clients / Louis DeNicola
• $0 to Full-Time in 12 Months by Diversifying Freelance Services / Kayla Sloan
• How to Sell Your Blog for Six Figures or More / Carrie Rocha & Chuck Mullins
• How I Rank for 1,700+ Keywords on the First Page of Google / Joseph Hogue
• The Skills You Must Master to be a Pro Networker / Kim Anderson
• Top Tips for Instagram Success / Libby Gifford
#FinCon17 Featured Breakout Session Speakers
Born in Toledo Ohio, and a current resident of San Diego (via Philly, Boulder, Denver, and Brussels), Michael O’Neal’s report cards always said “Talks too much”. This feedback would eventually come in handy, as he is now the host of the popular business and entertainment podcast, The Solopreneur Hour. The show focuses on people that have found themselves “Profitably Unemployable”, and what they’ve done to become successful. A 5 year journey, starting with the loss of his parents and just $14 remaining in his bank account has taken him on a circuitous path to success. Professional drummer, car racer, competitive racquetball player, BMX'er, and former expert mountain bike racer with a penchant for stand up comedy, Michael likes to get out in San Diego and live the solopreneur life of time, location, and financial freedom.
Nathan is the founder and CEO of ConvertKit. An email marketing company for professional bloggers. He loves soccer, woodworking, and designing software.
Winnie Sun is the Managing Director and Founding Partner of Sun Group Wealth Partners, a trusted award- winning financial consulting firm providing financial planning services to small business owners, senior executives, celebrities, tech elite, and established families throughout the West Coast.
Talaat and Tai McNeely "America's #1 Money Couple", are Financial Educators that are on a mission to get individuals and couples on the same page financially, and to experience the joys of financial freedom. They are co-authors of Money Talks: The Ultimate Couple's Guide To Communicating About Money. They are also the hosts of the top rated podcast, "The His and Her Money Show". Talaat and Tai McNeely (His and Her Money) have been featured in numerous publications such as T.D. Jakes Show, FoxNews.com, Black Entreprise, MSN.com, Essence, and Business Insider.
Natalie Sisson is on a mission to help entrepreneurs create freedom in business and simplicity in life. A self-proclaimed Freedomist, she shows you how to work less, earn more and be free. Natalie shares tips, strategies and effective hacks via her blog, videos and podcasts on how to use technology, tools, outsourcing and automation to free up more of your time so you can focus on living your ideal lifestyle and embracing every moment, while your business runs seamlessly (and even without you)!
I write the Your Money column for The New York Times and am the author of "The Opposite of Spoiled," a book about how, when and why to talk to kids about money and what to say when you do. Current obsession: How families can figure out what to pay for college, which is just the latest six-figure twist on an age old question: How Much is Enough?
The co-founders of popular women's finance site The Financial Diet, Chelsea and Lauren are a writer and designer, respectively. They live in New York City.
Nick Loper helps people earn money outside of their day job. He's an author, online entrepreneur, and host of the "Best Business Podcast"-nominated Side Hustle Show, which features new part-time business ideas each week. As Chief Side Hustler at SideHustleNation.com, he loves deconstructing the tactics and strategies behind building extra income streams.
Jesus & family lover, financial planner, Iraqi Combat Veteran, Author of Soldier of Finance, Forbes, CNBC, Business Insider contributor, In-N-Out Burger addict, Crossfitter
Bobbi Rebell is the author of the best-selling self-help/personal finance book “ "How to Be a Financial Grownup: Proven Advice from High Achievers on How to Live Your Dreams and Have Financial Freedom,”. It combines unique personal financial stories from inspirational leaders with targeted specific actionable advice to help readers take charge of their money. Role Models include Tony Robbins, Kevin O’Leary, Cynthia Rowley, Jim Cramer, Drew Barrymore and Sallie Krawcheck. "Financial Grownup" has been featured in AARP Magazine, Well + Good, Oprah.com, The NYPost, Cosmopolitan Magazine, Redbook, Refinery 29, the Tony Robbins blog, Business Insider, Yahoo Finance, HerMoney with Jean Chatzky, and countless other media outlets. Her documentary, "The Financial Grownup Project" is currently in production. She is also an award-winning TV anchor and personal finance columnist most recently at Thomson Reuters, the largest news organization in the world. Her business videos have been seen on hundreds of broadcast and online channels around the world, and her Reuters column on personal finance was syndicated to newspapers and websites worldwide. She was also previously a reporter at PBS (Nightly Business Report) and held various producer positions at CNN and CNBC. She is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and has a Certificate in Financial Planning from New York University. She lives in NYC with her husband, 3 kids and her morkie Waffles.
Jason Vitug is bestselling author of You Only Live Once, keynote speaker, and founder of financial media and education startup, Phroogal. Jason successfully raised $78,501 through crowdfunding supported by 541 donors. In 2013, he founded Phroogal as a personal finance blog and has evolved into a community of over 65,000 people. In 2015, Jason created the Plutus Awards winning project, The Road to Financial Wellness, a grassroots and social campaign to break the social taboo about money and empower a generation through financial knowledge. Jason continues to engage with local organizations, nonprofits and government agencies to promote financial wellness.
Tabitha Philen hosts over 10,000 bloggers in her thriving Facebook community, Inspired Bloggers Network. Founded in 2012, Inspired Bloggers is dedicated to providing bloggers with education and encouragement in a no-pressure environment. Tabitha devotes herself to mentoring and empowering bloggers with her visionary ideas and entrepreneurial spirit through LIVE video and interactive courses at Inspired Bloggers University. Considered a well-rounded expert on blogging for profit and social media, Tabitha shares comprehensive tutorials through live video weekly using Facebook Live.
Joe Saul-Sehy is the creator and co-host of the Stacking Benjamins podcast. Formerly a media spokesperson for a Fortune 100 financial company, he's worked extensively in television, radio, print media, and now podcasting.
Chris’s passion is sharing ideas and creating products for people who are looking for a better way to handle their money. He loves showing everyday-normal people how to go from living paycheck-to-paycheck, to getting completely out of debt and creating hope for their future. Chris created a Powerful Budgeting Tool that has helped over 10,000 families create their own personal budget and manage their money the right way. He helps families with one-on-one financial coaching to create a budget, get on a proven plan to pay off their debt, and create a path not just for them, but for their future and their children’s future.
Philip Olson spent several years after college as a ‘starving artist’ – waiting tables, parking cars, making lattes while trying to act and direct. Eventually he became a theater instructor, where he fell in love with teaching and coaching his students.Eventually he left the professional artistic world and was inspired to make a difference in a notoriously un-caring industry. In 2015 he went on to pass the Certified Financial Planner™ Board Exam. After that his wife Julia (also an artist) left the mortgage industry and started their own planning firm, The Art of Finance. They adore combining their artistic and financial powers in order to make finance approachable and empowering to creative people.
Stefanie O'Connell is a millennial money author, speaker and blogger at stefanieoconnell.com. Her work has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes and SUCCESS magazine.
An accidental personal-finance expert, J.D. has been blogging for since before "blog" was even a word -- over twenty years! He's the founder of Get Rich Slowly and Money Boss, and the author of Your Money: The Missing Manual.
Liz is a NerdWallet Columnist and Certified Financial Planner® whose goal is to help you get smarter about money so you can get on with your life. She's the author of five books including the best-selling "Your Credit Score" and has appeared on a bunch of TV shows, including CNBC’s Power Lunch, Mornings with Maria on Fox Business, NBC Nightly News, the Today Show—and Dr. Phil, where she advised a would-be ghost hunter to get real about his finances. She lives with her husband, daughter and co-dependent golden retriever in Los Angeles.
Steve & Annette Economides are NY Times Best Selling Authors, parents of five grown children and Family Finance Experts. They are passionate about living the frugal debt-free lifestyle and sharing the fun, laughter and freedom they’ve experienced. This has led them to write three books: "America’s Cheapest Family gets You Right on the Money;" "Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half;" and "The MoneySmart Family System – Teaching Financial Independence to Children of Every Age." They also are publishers of MoneySmartFamily.com and the MoneySmart Free Media e-course.
Joshua J Sheats, MSFS is the world’s leading authority on integrating lifestyle goals and money goals without conflict. He teaches normal people how to seamlessly connect the science of financial planning with the joy of goal achievement. Joshua is dedicated to helping normal people achieve financial freedom by merging the creative (and crazy) ideas from the world of personal finance with the academic integrity of formal financial planning. He simplifies the complex topics of money and makes the boring financial mumbo-jumbo less boring. Joshua is an expert financial planner with a lifelong focus on advanced education.
Erin Lowry is a millennial personal finance expert and the founder of BrokeMillennial.com. She’s also the author of “BROKE MILLENNIAL: Stop Scraping By and Get Your Financial Life Together.” Lowry and her work have been featured on CBS Sunday Morning, CNBC, Fox & Friends, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Cosmopolitan and NBC News. Lowry lives in New York City with her spunky rescue dog Mosby.
Michelle is the founder of Making Sense of Cents and enjoys helping her readers earn more, save more, and most importantly – live more. She travels full-time with her husband and two dogs.
James M. Dahle, MD is a practicing emergency physician who got sick of feeling ripped off by financial professionals and decided to do something about it. He underwent a lengthy self-education process in which he became an expert about personal finance and investing as it applies to those in the upper tax brackets. Jim then applied those principles in his own life and became a millionaire just seven years out of residency training. He realized that no one was teaching these critical financial principles to otherwise intelligent professionals during their training and so founded The White Coat Investor website to help them get a "fair shake" on Wall Street. His first book, begun immediately after attending FinCon in 2013, has remained a best seller on Amazon for over three years. He now criss-crosses the country helping physicians, dentists, and others stop doing dumb stuff with their money.
8:30 AM Pro Networking*
8:30 AM Breakout Sessions
11:30 AM Expo Hall & Lunch
4:00 PM Big Ideas
4:30 PM Keynote (Darren Rowse)
5:30 PM Speaker/Pro Mixer**
7:00 PM Opening Party, Sponsored by Ally
8:00 AM Breakfast
8:30 AM Expo Hall
2:00 PM Breakout Sessions
4:00 PM Big Ideas
4:30 PM Keynote (David Bach)
7:00 PM Ignite FinCon
8:30 AM Breakout Sessions
3:30 PM One-On-One Mentoring
4:30 PM Big Ideas
5:00 PM Keynote
7:00 PM 8th Annual Plutus Awards
8:30 PM Closing Party
*For Pro Pass holders & exhibitors only.
**For speakers, Pro Pass holders, and sponsors/exhibitors only.
Get Updates by Email