M&M 48: How to Be a Great Podcast Guest
What does it take to be a great podcast guest? Whether you have your own or want to be a guest on another podcast, it is helpful to understand the psychology of a listener and what it takes to be a great podcast guest. In Episode 48 of The Money and Media Podcast, Joe Saul-Sehy interviews Jessica Rhodes and Sarah Li Cain about their biggest mistakes when starting out as a podcast guest and some practical tips to stand out from the average guest.
Jessica Rhodes is the founder of Interview Connections, the largest and most successful guest booking agency for podcasters and guest experts in the United States. Sarah Li Cain is co-founder of Beyond the Dollar, a dynamic podcast focused on making money more approachable by having frank and honest conversations.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- The basic psychology of a podcast listener
- How to enter into the conversation with the audience in mind
- The importance of being in the moment and paying attention to your host
- How to turn a bad interview into a great one
- The benefits of sharing failures makes a guest easier to connect with
- How to leverage your connections to get a warm introduction to a host
Subscribe to the Show
Subscribe through Apple Podcasts and new episodes will show up every month!
Never subscribed to a podcast before? Here’s Apple’s fantastic tutorial.
Would you rather listen on your smartphone? Try Stitcher, the iPP app for Android, or the iPhone podcast app. We’re available on each of these platforms.
About Our Hosts
Thanks for Listening!
Join us for FinCon18 September 26-29 in Orlando, FL, and hear from over 200 speakers!
#FinCon18 take place at the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel where we have a discounted block rate. This block tends to sell out so don’t wait to make your reservation.