9 Things You Need to Know About #FinCon14 Sponsor GOBankingRates
Editor’s Note: Here’s a guest contribution from Casey Bond, content director at GOBankingRates.com.
Doesn’t it seem like we were all sauntering down the streets of St. Louis just yesterday? And yet in less than two weeks, the personal finance blogging community will be taking over New Orleans for what is probably the most hotly anticipated conference of the year.
We at GOBankingRates are very excited to be sponsors of such an excellent event and look forward to spending time with old friends while making new connections, too.
If we haven’t officially met yet, here are 9 things you should know about our team:
1. GOBankingRates is part of ConsumerTrack, Inc. Most of you know us as GOBankingRates, but people ask us about the mysterious “ConsumerTrack” all the time. ConsumerTrack is actually the company that owns GOBankingRates.com and we do a lot more besides publishing articles about personal finance. But more on that later.
2. We just celebrated our company’s 10-year anniversary. Pretty cool, right?
3. The Summer Savings Video Challenge is almost over. We want to thank all of the participants in our video challenge, which runs until the day before FinCon. There were so many creative entries and we were all so impressed! The winner will be announced right after the Friday morning keynote, so be sure to stick around and find out who had the best #GBR1MinMoneyTip.
4. Our tweet exchange is growing. I recommend joining if you haven’t already. It’s a great way to get more eyes on your best articles and grow your social media presence.
5. We can help your blog make money. This is actually a big part of what ConsumerTrack does. We work with hundreds of bloggers and website owners to help monetize their sites and have dedicated account managers who will work with you one-on-one.
6. Yes, I always need more writers. We’ve built a world-class team of writers for GOBankingRates and I’m always looking for talented people who want to contribute. Please let me know if that’s you.
7. We’re hiring. If you live near the Los Angeles area, check out all of our open positions. Besides writers, I’m looking for coordinators, editors, and an expert feature writer, just to name a few. In fact, the entire company is hiring like crazy, in every department from media to tech.
8. Look out for our new travel site. We’re very excited to be launching a new site in the travel space soon. I know a lot of you specialize in travel, so please contact me if you’d like to contribute and I’ll give you the details.
9. We have a booth – come say hi! The best part of FinCon is meeting and networking with fun, likeminded people. We’ll have a booth at both the pro networking event and expo, so please stop by. We can’t wait to see you!