The Lincoln Park Project at #FinCon12
We’re doing a community service event again this year at FinCon! Lasts year’s benefit for Phil’s Friends was a success and a great way to connect as a group while doing something good.
On Friday, September 7th from 3:00-5:00pm we will be doing a community service project to benefit the City of Denver, our host city for #FinCon12. Our project: add mulch, paint and improve a community park near Downtown Denver.
The park is Lincoln Park, which is located at W. 11th Ave & Mariposa St.
Buses will begin shuttling people from the hotel at 3pm. Buses will return a little after 5pm.
Members of Denver’s Parks and Recreation Dept will be on hand to coordinate.
The projects consist of:
- Adding mulch to trees, shrub beds, area by East fence line of ball field
- Add mulch to the area in front of the mural on the recreation center
- Paint tables, trash cans, benches
- Add fibar to the North playground
- Paint the playground
You will need to bring the following:
- Liability waiver (we will have some at registration)
- Work gloves (we will have a few extras)
- Water bottle
- Appropriate attire for weather
- Clothes you don’t mind getting sealant/paint on
- Sturdy footwear (no open-toe shoes)
- All children must be supervised
- No pets please
This will be a great opportunity to show Denver what we’re made of and to connect with each other in a positive way. Hope to see you there!