Share Your Milestones and Stories
For the State of the Financial Blogosphere talk at #FinCon12, Greg Go from Wise Bread wants to hear (and share and celebrate) your stories from the blogging trenches.
What has happened to you personally or professionally in the past year? Share your milestones and stories (and pictures!) by emailing Greg at email@example.com with the subject “2012 stories”.
Our aim is to celebrate your milestones with the rest of the community.
Over the past year, there have been lots of exciting developments in the financial blogging community. Here are a few examples:
- Did you pay off your car like The Finance Geek? Or maybe you bought your first home? Did you start a new relationship or get married?
- Perhaps you unveiled your real-life self by meeting fellow bloggers at a FinCon Local meetup (share your pictures!).
- Did you have your first baby or your third, like Jeff Rose of Good Financial Cents? As if that wasn’t enough to keep him busy, Jeff also rounded up over a hundred bloggers to start The Roth IRA Movement.
- Was your site affected by Google’s “Penguin” update this year? At least one blogger, Carlos of The Writer’s Coin, was forced to revamp his monetization strategy and give up selling text link ads altogether.
- Did you have a once-in-a-lifetime experience? Like David Ning of Money Ning talking economic policy with President Obama.
- Did you have an awesome media mention or appearance? Like Squawk Fox’s Kerry Taylor on Million Dollar Neighborhood, or like Kelly Whalen of The Centsible Life’s television appearance.
- Or did you start a life-changing project? Like Adam Baker of Man Vs Debt doing a feature-length documentary, I’m Fine, Thanks, about complacency.
- Did you publish a book? Todd Tresidder published his first Kindle book in June and plans to release at least four by #FinCon12!
We want to hear your stories and milestones from this past year of being a financial blogger!