Here’s What’s Being Discussed at the Panels at #FinCon15
There are exciting expert Discussion Panels scheduled for #FinCon15 sponsored by Clearpoint Credit Counseling Solutions.
YOU are the Brand: How to Market Yourself to Editors as an Expert Freelancer with Miranda Marquit of Miranda Marquit Freelancing, Matt Schulz of CreditCards.com, Victoria Araj of Quicken Loans, Brandon Turner of BiggerPockets, and Jason Steele of JasonSteele.com
Personal finance pitches are a dime a dozen. Editors’ emails are filled with them – sometimes the same idea will even get pitched by multiple people at the same time. Even an expert with deep knowledge and a long list of clips can have a hard time getting noticed.
So how do you break through the clutter? Many writers won’t like to hear it, but the answer is simple: Marketing.
In this panel, three veteran personal finance editors will share practical, concrete advice on how to market yourself and your ideas in ways that editors can’t resist and that will keep them coming back for more.
The discussion will be led by Miranda Marquit, author of “Confessions Of A Professional Blogger” and 2014 Plutus Award winner for Best Blog Contributor or Freelance Writer. Saturday September 19th
All of these great discussion panels will also be at #FinCon15:
Thursday September 17th
- Build Your Business and Brand with a Mastermind Group with Elle Martinez of Couple Money, Toni Husbands of Debt Free Divas, Kim Anderson of Thrifty Little Mom, Jessi Fearon of The Budget Mama, and Rosmarie Groner of The Busy Budgeter
- How to Build Relationships with Influencers in the Personal Finance Industry with Mike Delgado of Experian, Patrice C. Washington of Real Money Answers, J.D. Roth of Far Away Places, Carl Richards of Behavior Gap, and Farnoosh Torabi of Farnoosh.TV
Friday September 18th
- Women and Minorities in Finance with Emily Guy Birken of EmilyGuyBirken.com, Emma Johnson of WealthySingleMommy.com, Farnoosh Torabi of Farnoosh.TV, Liz Weston of AskLizWeston.com, and Mandi Woodruff of Yahoo Finance
- Documentary Screening: Broke, Busted, and Disgusted with Adam Carroll of AdamSpeaks.com, Calvin Johannsen of VisualHouse
- The Best Kept Secrets of Self-Publishing a Book with Barbara Friedberg of Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance, Austin Netzley of Epic Book Launch, David Auten and John R. Schneider III of DebtFreeGuys.com, and Valerie Rind of ValerieRind.com
Saturday September 19th
- To Err is Human: Increase Your Audience and Strengthen Your Brand by Admitting Your Mistakes with Donna Freedman of WriteaBlogPeopleWillRead.com, Abigail Perry of I Pick Up Pennies, Liz Weston of AskLizWeston.com, Cameron Huddleston of Kiplinger
- How to Effectively Monetize Through Affiliate Marketing – The Experts Tell All with David Weliver of Money Under 30, and John Schmoll of Frugal Rules
- How to Monetize Your Podcast: Panel Shares Their Podcast Monetization Successes and Failures with J. David Stein of Money for the Rest of Us, Farnoosh Torabi of Farnoosh.TV, Joe Saul-Sehy of Stacking Benjamins, Josh Elledge of SavingsAngel.com, and Joshua Sheats of Radical Personal Finance
- Twitter for Business: Effective Strategies to Grow Your Brand, Community and Website Traffic with Ashley Jacobs of Wise Bread, Janet Reusch of Bankrate, and Mike Delgado of Experian
Sunday September 20th
- Monetization Workshop: Real-Time Recommendations for Earning More With Your Blog with Beta Karimzadeh and Casey Bond of GOBankingRates, Erin Chase of $5 Dinners, Kyle Taylor of The Penny Hoarder, and Mark Ly of Investopedia
- How to Build Your Brand through Content, Community, and Conversation with Karen Kerley of TradeKing Group, Mrs. Money Mustache of Mr. Money Mustache, Larry Ludwig of Investor Junkie, Cliff Goldstein of NerdWallet, and Steve Chou of MyWifeQuitHerJob.com