What to Expect from FinCon Camp at #FinCon14
We’re bringing back FinCon Camp for those of you who want just a little longer FinCon experience.
Can’t get enough FinCon? Then extend your FinCon experience by joining
50 75 other attendees for FinCon Camp – an exclusive, day and a half event happening just before #FinCon14, on September 17th and 18th!
The FinCon Camp will take place on the beautiful Riverview level (41st floor) of the New Orleans Marriott, our main conference hotel.
— Pierre (@AllMakeBelieve) October 17, 2013
Attendees of the FinCon Camp will participate in interactive, information-packed sessions and even more intimate networking opportunities than FinCon already offers. All experience levels are welcome and encouraged!
The goal of FinCon Camp is to help you connect on a deeper level with your FinCon peers and to help you take specific action towards improving your blog, website, podcast, etc. No fluff allowed. We’re going to be “working out” our content creation skills and growing our support networks like never before!
Wednesday, September 17th
- 9am-9pm – Camp Sessions, Networking Activities and Breaks, Meals*, and a Great Karaoke Party
Thursday, September 18th
- 9am-Noon – Camp Sessions, Networking Activities and Breaks
- 1pm #FinCon14 Pro Sessions Begins
- 7pm #FinCon14 Welcome Reception
*Coffee, snacks, and Wednesday’s lunch and dinner are included in the ticket price.
The schedule is admittedly a skeleton at this point. When you sign up for FinCon Camp you will join a list of 75 people who will help fill in the specifics over the weeks leading up to the camp.
For that reason, you should only consider the FinCon Camp if you’re primarily interested in the networking aspects. However, we won’t be just hanging around with each other (although that would probably be good enough for many of you), we will be developing the educational portion of the camp based on your feedback and including as much of that as possible.
Bootcamp was worth it!!!! If I went home today I would be happy 🙂 #fincon13
— Sherrian Crumbley (@JazzwifeKnS) October 17, 2013
Attend FinCon Camp if:
- You tend to stay before or after every FinCon to get some more networking time with other attendees.
- You have something to share with the other campers that will help them with their content creation.
- You have something to learn from other campers that will help you with your content creation.
- You like meeting new people in your niche and figuring out ways you can work together.
- You don’t mind providing a little feedback (via survey, forum, Facebook group, etc.) to help fill in the details of the schedule.
Your admission to FinCon Camp is $150 and is transferable, but non-refundable.
Since space is limited (only 75 campers) I would encourage you to sign up on February 4th to ensure you get a spot.
Crystal Stemberger from Budgeting in the Fun Stuff will be helping to coordinate the camp. So expect an email from her once you sign up.
What questions do you have about FinCon Camp? Fire away in the comments below.