What You Can Expect
FinCon has no shortage of unique elements that make it a wonderful event. When you get this many like-minded, creative people together, cool things are bound to happen. FinCon has what you would expect from an annual conference and expo (keynotes, sessions, networking, and an awesome expo hall). But because of the inspiring and engaged community, we have a multitude of other exciting things for you to get plugged into.
(Pro Pass Only)
Pro Networking is an exclusive, two-hour speed networking style event where Pro Pass holders meet with companies and brands who reserve a Pro Networking table.
The goal is to connect Pro Pass level attendees to the companies and brands they want to do business with. The meetings are brief, focused, and scheduled ahead of time based on acceptance by both parties.
Parties and Ignite FinCon
From the kick-off party on Wednesday night to the Saturday night, post-Plutus Awards celebration party, FinCon attendees will have plenty of opportunity to socialize and have fun.
Ignite is a fun gathering of like-minded people where a democratically selected group of speakers get on stage for 5 minute talks on topics designed to entertain, educate, or excite you.
Each Ignite talk is called a “spark” as it is supposed to “ignite” thought and conversation around a single idea. Ignite is held offsite on Friday night.
The Advisor Social Media & Blogging Symposium at FinCon
The Advisor Symposium will be taught by advisors and will contain traditional FinCon education (e.g. how to create, promote, profit from compelling online content) with an advisor focus (e.g. no affiliate marketing info, a focus on lead generation, etc.).
Bonus Education in the Expo Hall
The FinCon Expo continues to evolve. You can expect more that 75 exhibiting companies to meet with in the expo hall. Additionally you can find two new education centers:
- Solution Center Stage – A space for attendees to learn directly from solution providers the tips and strategies the suggest to create, promote, and profit from personal finance and investing related digital content.
- Innovation Center Stage – A space for attendees to learn what’s on the cutting edge in consumer personal finance and investing technology.
Are you a freelancer? Do you need to hire freelancers? The Freelancer’s Marketplace is where you need to be.
At FinCon, we’re all about making real life connections happen. We know that many FinCon attendees are freelancers looking for new opportunities. We also know that many publishers and site owners need help to run their businesses. That’s why we’re making this free marketplace happen.
Categories include, writing, editing, video, SEO, design, social media, and more. More details to come about how you can reserve your spot.
Live Podcasting Stage
Podcasting is the future and FinCon is dedicated to supporting this growing medium.
At FinCon you will find a dedicated podcasting and video education track, and you will also be able to see or participate in a live podcast.
Do you have a podcast? We’ve got stage for you. At FinCon you can record a live podcast in front of other attendees. Look for more details soon about bringing your show to FinCon.
Not yet into podcasting? Come see what all the hype is about and see what it takes to put on a show.
FinTech Startup Competition
Get ready for the second annual FinCon FinTech Startup Competition and Award, which will reward the best technology startups in personal finance and investing today.
The competition will consist of a live demo/judging showcase, held during the FinCon Expo on the Innovation Center Stage. More details to come on this exciting new initiative.
8th Annual Plutus Awards Ceremony
The Plutus Awards is set to host its annual award ceremony at FinCon again this year. The ceremony itself is a lot of fun with ample participation (and surprises) from the community.
Now in its eighth year, the Plutus Awards celebrate the best in personal finance blogging, social media, and financial technology and products.
It’s going to be epic!
More About FinCon
FinCon is a peer conference for the money media community. At the annual event each Fall,
- attendees connect with others in the community,
- learn to create, promote, and profit from compelling online content, and
- discover new trends in personal finance and investing.
As Seen In
#FinCon17 will take place Oct. 25-28, 2017 in Dallas, TX.
The conference is moved to a new location each year. Previous events were held in Chicago (2011), Denver (2012), St. Louis (2013), New Orleans (2014), Charlotte (2015), and San Diego (2016).
“To support the movement that is reaching millions of people with a positive money message.”
FinCon events focus on two strategies:
- Provide a “real world” connection for the people who enjoy new media (i.e. blogging, social media) and finance (personal finance, money, investing, etc.).
- Provide a peer education in current consumer financial trends, as well as trends and tactics in new media (e.g. blogging, monetization, social media, etc.).
At FinCon you will learn what’s new in the financial world and you will learn how to use a blog and other new media to their fullest potential.
- The majority of our attendees are digital content creators in personal finance and investing. You can find their content on premier personal finance and investing web sites (blogs, magazines, newspapers), iTunes, radio, and YouTube.
- FinCon brings together a diverse group of “money mediapreneurs”. The average age is 36 and males/females are represented 50/50. 95% of the attendees are based in the U.S..
- 21% of attendees maintain financial certifications like Certified Financial Planner, Chartered Financial Analyst, and Certified Public Accountant.
- 30% of attendees are published authors with books on personal finance and investing.
- 46% of attendees write for other publications as freelancers, while maintaining their own online platform.
Some of the publications and brands that attend FinCon:
- Ally Bank
- Budgets Are $exy
- Charles Schwab
- Credit Karma
- Detroit News
- Get Rich Slowly
- Good Financial Cents
- JP Morgan Chase
- Lending Club
- Money Talks News
- Mr. Money Mustache
- Personal Capital
- Ready For Zero
- State Farm
- T. Rowe Price
- Motley Fool
- U.S. News
- Wells Fargo
- Wise Bread
- Yahoo! Finance
FinCon is PT Money Conferences LLC, a company owned and operated by Philip Taylor (aka “PT”). PT is also a CPA, and founder of PT Money: Personal Finance, a blog he started in 2007.
Finally, FinCon is a true community event with contributions from many selfless individuals – too many to name here – that make it what it is.
FinCon snail mail address: 8992 Preston Rd, Suite 110-214, Frisco, TX 75034