8 Simple Tips for Filming the Best ‘Summer Savings’ Video Entry
Editor’s note: Here’s an update on the Summer Savings video contest, brought to you by GOBankingRates.com.
Hi everyone, the Caped Cru-Saver (aka GOBankingRates editorial manager, Jennifer) here.
#FinCon14 is right around the corner where the winner will be announced for the Summer Savings Video Challenge. Don’t worry, there’s still plenty of time to enter to win that $1,000 savings account and be featured on GOBankingRates.com.
Here are a few dos and don’ts to make sure your video is a hit.
8 Dos and Don’ts for Submitting the Best Video Entry
- Do: Keep it simple. You don’t need fancy film equipment to make an awesome video. Use your iPhone!
- Don’t: Film yourself from an unflattering angle … or while driving.
- Do: Provide simple, actionable advice that viewers can use to cut costs and grow their savings accounts.
- Don’t: Use this opportunity to sell your product — and be concise. Don’t go on and on and on about banking and savings accounts. Well, do talk about savings, but by savings…
- Do: Be creative! Make up a character or put on a ridiculous costume to deliver your savings tip.
- Don’t: Submit anything you’ve already published or rip off anyone else’s ideas.
- Don’t: Forget to submit a one to two sentence description of your video and a personal bio.
- Do: Upload your video to Google Drive and share it with email@example.com by July 18. And don’t forget to use #GBR1MinMoneyTip to share it once it’s live on GoBankingRates!