Establishment is out. Experience is in.
Standing firm at the epicenter of this evolution is FinCon – the world’s largest Financial Content Expo – helping
hundreds thousands reach millions with a positive money message.
October 25th-28th, 2017
Four days of discovery, business, learning, and connecting with your peers. Begins Wednesday evening with a welcome reception.
Sheraton Dallas Hotel
All conference events on-site at this relaxing hotel – your gateway to the sights, sounds, and experiences that Dallas has to offer.
FinCon: Where Money and Media Meet
On October 25th-28th, 2017 an energetic community of money media nerds will descend on Dallas, TX for a weekend of connecting and learning. Will you be there?
Attendees connect with others in the community, learn to create, promote, and profit from compelling online content, and discover new trends in personal finance and investing.
What You’ll Learn
You’ll learn how to craft compelling money-related digital content for your blog, social accounts, podcast, and video channel – part of this process is learning what’s current in personal finance, deals, and investing.
You’ll learn how to establish your online platform. You’ll also learn to get your quality content in front of more of the right people using the latest in marketing, branding, networking, SEO, and community-building best practices.
You’ll learn from the proven experts exactly how to earn money by freelancing, pairing your content with relevant advertising, leveraging your influence, and creating your own products and services.
#FinCon17 Keynote Speakers
Darren Rowse, ProBlogger
Quintessential blogger, author, podcaster, Darren Rowse will be in Dallas this Fall to deliver an inspirational and educational keynote address to the FinCon community.
That’s right! THE ProBlogger will be at FinCon!
Darren is the co-author of ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income, a practical guide to creating and marketing a profitable blog. He is also the founder of Problogger.com and Digital-Photography-School.com which are read by close to 5 million visitors per month. Read more…
David Bach, Best-selling Author and Television Personality
David Bach has helped millions of people around the world take action to live and finish rich. It’s a thrill to bring David to the FinCon stage!
He is one of the most prolific and bestselling financial authors of our time with 9 consecutive New York Times bestsellers, with more than seven million books in print, translated into over nineteen languages. His runaway bestseller The Automatic Millionaire (completely revised and updated- 2017) spent thirty-one weeks on the New York Times bestseller and was simultaneously #1 on the New York Times, USA Today, Business Week and The Wall Street Journal lists. Read more…
Nicole Walters, Income Strategist and Founder of The Monetized Life
Nicole Walters, founder of The Monetized Life, will be delivering our closing keynote on Saturday, October 28, 2017 at the Sheraton Dallas!
By age 28, Nicole Walters had executive stints with companies like T.Rowe Price and Wells Fargo Mortgage Backed Securities under her belt- and was a highly-paid executive at a Fortune 500 company, managing multibillion dollar accounts. But something wasn’t right. “My job was feeding my family, but not my soul,” she says.
Nicole quit her corporate job to focus open her own private business and product development consulting firm, The Monetized Life. As her audience ramped up, so did her revenue…” Read more…
Dee-1 Performing at #FinCon17
Dee-1 has toured the country with chart topping and Grammy award winning artists such as Macklemore, Lupe Fiasco, Lecrae, and PJ Morton. Most recently, he has headlined his own 30 city nationwide tour.
Dee-1’s public profile skyrocketed due to his viral hit, the student loan anthem “Sallie Mae Back.” After receiving a substantial advance from signing his first major record deal, Dee-1 made a conscious decision not to buy a new car, a big house, or some expensive jewelry, he decided to pay off his student loan. He prides himself on being debt free and to be a rapper responsible for a hit song that is highlighting financial freedom and a tangible message, is just icing on the cake for the New Orleans native. To date, “SalIie Mae Back” has hit millions of views on Youtube & Facebook.
#FinCon17 Big Idea Speakers
#FinCon17 Key Sponsors
#FinCon17 Breakout Sessions
• Social Media Plan Workshop / Linsey Knerl
• Grow Your Media Empire! / Josh Elledge
• Outsource Things You Shouldn’t Be Doing & Hire Your First V.A. / Natalie Sisson
• Blogging 101: A Workshop for True Beginners / Grayson Bell & Charlotte Baker
• Plan Your Year: Content Calendar Workshop / Lauren Bowling
• How to Maximize Your Content Distribution Strategy and Grow Your Business / Caleb Silver (Advanced)
• Making Money Human: Creating Exceptional Content that Connects with Readers / Devin Friedman (Intermediate)
• Mastering Facebook and Turning Your Page Into Profits / Tracie Fobes (Intermediate)
• Beyond Membership Sites: Unique Customer Experiences That Build Profitable Communities / Nathalie Lussier (Intermediate)
• How to Monetize A Small List in 12 Weeks (Without Spending Years Blogging, Learning SEO, and Gambling on Facebook Ads) / Joseph Michael (Intermediate)
• Creating Live Events for Your Community / Dan Franks & Jared Easley (Advanced)
• 11 Best Practices For Affiliate Marketing Profit / Mark Mason (Intermediate)
• Get Booked and Make Money Speaking / Connie Albers (Beginner)
• Six Figure Mastery: How to Become an Authority in Any Niche Market / Zac Johnson (Beginner)
• How to Beat Blogger Burnout and Get Back Your Spark / Cat Alford (Intermediate)
• How I Grew from 1k to 250k Monthly Visitors in 6 Months, Got on NPR, and Landed a Book Deal! / Grant Sabatier (Intermediate)
• From Start-up to Good Morning America in One Year – How We Earned $18 Million in Free Media Exposure / Steve & Annette Economides (Intermediate)
• How I Grew My Monthly Blog Revenue from $16,500 to $102,000 in 24 Months / Jeff Rose, CFP® (Advanced)
• Pitfalls and Successes in Blog Monetization from The White Coat Investor / James M. Dahle, MD (Advanced)
• How I Grew from $942 to $6,089 Per Month in One Year with My Blog / Deacon Hayes (Advanced)
• Chasing ROI: From $18/mo to $100k in 2.5 Years / Rosemarie Groner (Advanced)
• The Content System that Allows me to Write Consistently for Sites Like Entrepreneur.com / John Rampton (Intermediate)
• Financial Advisors – Writing to Get Your Message to Your Target Audience / Roger Wohlner (Advanced)
• Mastering Social Media For Audience Development And Growth / Winnie Sun (Intermediate)
• Thumb-Stopping – Tips and Tricks to Grab Attention on Facebook Mobile / Tina Powell (Advanced)
• Podcasting for Advisors: How to Do $1mm of Revenue with the Shrimp Tank / Ted Jenkin (Intermediate)
• How Two Financial Advisors Use Facebook to Triple Their Seminar Attendance / Kim Walsh Phillips (Advanced)
• Digital Advice, the Modern Approach to a Tired Industry / Stephen Rischall, CRPC (Advanced)
• The Power of Finding Your Focus: How and Why to Niche Your Firm / Eric Roberge (Advanced)
• The “New Media” PR Strategy: Amplifying Your Credibility Through Established Outlets / Stephanie Sammons (Advanced)
• How to Use the Power of Video Effectively to Gain Mass Appeal / Talaat & Tai McNeely (Beginner)
• Format Your Podcast to Keep Listeners Coming Back / Joe Saul-Sehy (Beginner)
• How to Trick People Into Thinking You Have a Video Production Team / Tara Falcone, CFP® (Intermediate)
• Make Personal Finance More Personal – How to Include Storytelling into Your Podcast to Connect with Your Audience and Grow Your Show / Elle Martinez (Intermediate)
• 5 Ways to Make Money with a Podcast / Steve Stewart (Intermediate)
• Patreon Profiteering: How to Establish a Solid Revenue Stream for Your Advice Direct from the Pockets of Your Happy Fans / Joshua Sheats (Advanced)
• Live Video Storytelling Strategies to Captivate Your Fans and Build Your Brand / Rod Griffin and Christina Roman (Advanced)
• How to Talk About Money on YouTube / Chelsea Fagan and Lauren Ver Hage (Beginner)
• High Impact Business Podcasting: Why Serial Shows Aren’t Just for Serial / Mark Asquith (Beginner)
• How the Sausage is Made: A Behind the Scenes Look at How to Create a FinCon Worthy Presentation / Moderator: Grant Baldwin / Panelists: Erin Chase, Pat Flynn (Intermediate)
• Broadening Your Audience — and Engaging Them When They Get There / Ms Our Next Life / Panelists: Jessica Moorhouse, Jim Wang, Mrs. Frugalwoods, Kara Perez (Advanced)
• What You Need to Succeed in SEO Now and What to Stop Doing Immediately / Moderator: Todd Tresidder / Panelists: Tom Drake, Claudia Pennington, Ryan Guina, Larry Ludwig (Advanced)
• Guest Podcasting: How Being a Guest Expert on Podcasts Can Grow Your Audience and Build Your Business / Moderator: Jessica Rhodes / Panelists: Hilary Hendershott, Damion Lupo, Jordan Goodman, Julie Broad (Advanced)
• The Hidden Secret Behind Freelance Success / Moderator: Zina Kumok / Panelists: Alaina Tweddale, Holly Johnson, Victoria Araj, Carrie Smith Nicholson (Intermediate)
• Wait! What Do I Do to Protect MY Money and Credit? / Moderator: Bev O’Shea / Panelists: Gerri Detweiler, Beverly Harzog, Barry Paperno, Jamie Lieberman (Advanced)
• From Blogger to Coach – Transitioning Your Audience from Information to Transformation / Moderator: LaTisha Styles / Panelists: Courtney Sanders, Brian Bain, Amanda Abella, Leisa Petersen (Advanced)
• The Keys to Making 7 Figures with Webinars Even If You Hate Selling / Moderator: Toni Anderson / Panelists: Steve Chou, Scott Voelker, Joe Nicoletti, Hailey Friedman (Intermediate)
• Financial Independence / Early Retirement Panel / Moderator: Paul Golden / Panelists: Doug Nordman, Scott Trench (Intermediate)
• What Will You Do for Money? Top Influencers Share the Secret of Making Profits Without Selling Your Soul / Moderator: Liz Weston / Panelists: Ron Lieber, Lynnette Khalfani-Cox, J.D. Roth, Jason Vitug (Advanced)
• What’s Wrong with Credit Card Travel Hacking? / Moderator: Jason Steele / Panelists: Richard Kerr, Matthew Kepnes, Gary Leff, Summer Hull (Intermediate)
• Do We Need a Universal Basic Income? / Moderator: Emily Guy Birken / Panelists: Maria Nedeva, Kyle Prevost, Hannah Rounds, Kevin L. Matthews (Beginner)
• How to Negotiate Top Deals / Moderator: Rebecca Neale / Panelists: Farnoosh Torabi, Jessica Woodbury, Crystal Stemberger, Revanche (Intermediate)
• Growing a Thriving Facebook Community / Moderator: Tabitha Philen / Panelists: Nick Loper, Emma Johnson, Robert Farrington (Intermediate)
• How to Represent a Brand Without Losing Yours / Moderator: Aja McClanahan / Panelists: Matt Schulz, Jackie Lam, Stefanie O’Connell, Miranda Marquit (Intermediate)
• How to Monetize Your Podcast With Blogger Skillz / Moderator: Michelle Jackson / Panelists: Lee Rankinen, Ryan Gray, Jaime Tardy, Toni Husbands (Intermediate)
• Women in Financial Leadership / Moderator: Stacy Wakefield / Panelists: Erin Lowry, Casey Bond, Beta Karimazadeh, Diane Harris (Beginner)
• Double Your Freelance Rates: How to Find and Secure Lucrative Contracts with Fully Funded Start-Ups / Linsey Knerl
• How to Get Quoted in the Media as an Expert / Bobbi Rebell
• How to Maximize Your Reach, Your Impact, and Your Revenue with Facebook Ads / Monica Louie
• I Accepted A 7-Figure Buyout Of My Blog / Dan Green
• The Anatomy of a Compelling Pinterest Image: How to Create Pinterest Images that Drive Traffic Like Nobody’s Business / Jackie Beck
• How to Maximize Revenue from Display Advertising in a Mobile World / Melody Gambino
• An Unconventional Guide to Reaching Teens With Your Content / Eva Baker
• How I Used My Podcast to Land a Book Deal, Get a Teaching Gig, Sell Podcasting to a Major Movie Studio, and Then There’s Prince Harry / Vernon Ross
• How to Double Your Income and Reduce Your Workload / Kathleen Celmins
• Deducting Blogging Expenses & Self-Employment Taxes (Ask Me Anything) / Eric Nisall
• Keep it Legal: What You Need to Know as a Blogger / Elizabeth Stapleton
• How I Doubled My Income After #FinCon16 / Kine Corder
• How to Turn Your Obstacles into Opportunities to Accelerate Your Business and Life / Kylie Travers
• Generating Leads/Customers Using a Course [Case Study] / AWeber Team
• Be a HARO Hero: Making the Most of HARO.com / Casey Fleming
• Financial Coaching Myths, Magic & Mastery / Saundra Davis
• Learn How to Use LinkedIn to Attract High-Quality Clients / Louis DeNicola
• $0 to Full-Time in 12 Months by Diversifying Freelance Services / Kayla Sloan
• How to Sell Your Blog for Six Figures or More / Carrie Rocha & Chuck Mullins
• How I Rank for 1,700+ Keywords on the First Page of Google / Joseph Hogue
• The Skills You Must Master to be a Pro Networker / Kim Anderson
• Top Tips for Instagram Success / Libby Gifford
#FinCon17 Featured Breakout Session Speakers
View the full list of #FinCon17 Breakout Session and Workshop Speakers.
8:30 AM Pro Networking*
8:30 AM Breakout Sessions
11:30 AM Expo Hall Opens & Lunch
4:00 PM Keynote (Darren Rowse) & Big Ideas
5:30 PM Speaker/Pro Mixer**
7:00 PM Opening Party, Sponsored by Ally
8:00 AM Breakfast
8:30 AM Expo Hall (cont.)
12:30 PM Freelancer Marketplace
2:00 PM Breakout Sessions
4:00 PM Keynote (David Bach) & Big Ideas
7:00 PM Ignite FinCon
8:30 AM Breakout Sessions
3:30 PM One-On-One Mentoring
4:30 PM Keynote (Nicole Walters) & Big Ideas
7:00 PM 8th Annual Plutus Awards
8:30 PM Closing Party
*For Pro Pass holders & exhibitors only.
**For speakers, Pro Pass holders, and sponsors/exhibitors only.