The FinCon FinTech Startup Competition
The third annual FinCon FinTech Startup Competition will be held live at #FinCon17 in Dallas, TX. It is the first ever early-stage business competition dedicated to technology products and solutions in the consumer-facing personal finance and investing verticals.
The competition is a fun way to expose early-stage businesses to the consumer-facing financial media world and provide FinCon attendees with new and exciting material for articles, podcasts, and video content.
First Prize – Named “Best in Show” for 2017, promotion on FinConMedia.com, a complimentary booth and two passes for #FinCon18, and a $1,000 cash prize
Runner-Up Prize – $500 cash prize.
2017 Judging Criteria
- Has the summary/presentation clearly articulated the value proposition?
- Has the summary/presentation demonstrated market opportunity?
- Has the summary/presentation demonstrated a sustainable business model that will make money, or, in the case of a venture with a social purpose, make money and have the desired social impact (in this case, addressing a consumer-level personal finance or investing problem)?
- Has the summary/presentation demonstrated competitive differentiation/intellectual capital?
- How effective was the overall presentation?
- Would you invest or back this opportunity?
Additionally, the audience will be asked to pick the “people’s choice” based on this criteria: “which business best addresses a consumer personal finance or investing problem?”
This competition is open to all #FinCon17 exhibitors that are consumer-facing personal finance and investing technology companies that have received only seed (or limited angel) funding and have fewer than three years in service.
2017 Entry Form
To see last year’s competitors, winners, and videos, click the next page.