FinCon is a peer conference for the money media community. At the annual event each Fall,
- attendees connect with others in the community,
- learn to create, promote, and profit from compelling online content, and
- discover new trends in personal finance and investing.
As Seen In
#FinCon15 will take place Sept. 17-20, 2015 in Charlotte, NC.
The conference is moved to a new location each year. Previous events were held in Chicago (2011), Denver (2012), St. Louis (2013), and New Orleans (2014).
“To support the movement that is reaching millions of people with a positive money message.”
FinCon events focus on two strategies:
- Provide a “real world” connection for the people who enjoy new media (i.e. blogging, social media) and finance (personal finance, money, investing, etc.).
- Provide a peer education in current consumer financial trends, as well as trends and tactics in new media (e.g. blogging, monetization, social media, etc.).
At FinCon you will learn what’s new in the financial world and you will learn how to use a blog and other new media to their fullest potential.
- The majority of our attendees are digital content creators in personal finance and investing. You can find their content on premier personal finance and investing web sites (blogs, magazines, newspapers), iTunes, radio, and YouTube.
- FinCon brings together a diverse group of “money mediapreneurs”. The average age is 36 and males/females are represented 50/50. 95% of the attendees are based in the U.S..
- 21% of attendees maintain financial certifications like Certified Financial Planner, Chartered Financial Analyst, and Certified Public Accountant.
- 30% of attendees are published authors with books on personal finance and investing.
- 46% of attendees write for other publications as freelancers, while maintaining their own online platform.
Some of the publications and brands that attend FinCon:
- Ally Bank
- Budgets Are $exy
- Charles Schwab
- Credit Karma
- Detroit News
- Get Rich Slowly
- Good Financial Cents
- JP Morgan Chase
- Lending Club
- Money Talks News
- Mr. Money Mustache
- Personal Capital
- Ready For Zero
- State Farm
- T. Rowe Price
- Motley Fool
- U.S. News
- Wells Fargo
- Wise Bread
- Yahoo! Finance