10 Reasons to Book Your (Official) #FinCon12 Hotel Room Now!
Have you booked your FinCon12 hotel room yet? Here are 10 great reasons to go ahead and book your room for FinCon12 at the official conference hotel, the Grand Hyatt in Denver.
1. It’s the official, on-site hotel of FinCon12. With the exception of the offsite community event and some of the evening events, FinCon12 will be held in the meeting space provided by the Grand Hyatt Denver. By staying at the official conference hotel each night you will always have a room close to the conference action. No taxis required to get to the hotel each morning. You’ll just take a short trip down the elevator.
No carrying all of your stuff with you throughout the day. You can store it safely in the room safe. Lastly, because it’s the official hotel, you’ll get to mix and mingle with other financial bloggers in the lobby, bars, restaurants, etc. The hotel is located at 1750 Welton Street, Denver, Colorado, USA 80202. Map and directions.
Scenes from the Grand Hyatt Denver
2. The special rate of $99 a night. One of our main goals when planning FinCon12 was to keep the hotel cost at or below $100 per night. It took a lot of searching and negotiation, but we finally secured this fantastic rate.
I’m not sure you could find this rate at any hotel this nice, in this large of a city across the Country. This is a great deal!
3. The free Internet. We were able to secure complimentary Internet access within the guest rooms. This makes the $99 rate an even better deal.
4. The rooms look great. Here’s the King room description: Sweeping views of the city await you in these elegant 392-square-foot downtown Denver accommodations. Delight in contemporary decor with a spacious sitting area and a luxurious granite and marble bath, with a massaging showerhead and deluxe bath products. Relax upon a king Grand Bed, fitted with ultra-plush pillows, the softest of sheeting and thick down blanket, all piled atop an irresistible pillow-top mattress.
Grand Hyatt Denver King Bed
The perfectly situated Denver Colorado accommodations offer deluxe amenities including a minibar, coffeemaker with complimentary coffee, walk-in closet, in-room safe, a generous work area, data port and wireless high-speed Internet access. Stay in touch with family and colleagues with multiple dual-line phones with voicemail.
Entertainment is always at hand with cable / satellite channels and video-on-demand. Listen to your favorite tunes on an iHome stereo with iPod dock or read the complimentary daily newspaper. Take advantage of video checkout, Concierge service and 24-hour room service to further enhance your stay in our AAA Four-Diamond Grand Hyatt luxury hotel.
5. The hotel looks great. The Grand Hyatt Denver is currently rated #26 among #147 hotels in Denver. Here’s more about the hotel from their website: The Four Diamond AAA award winning Grand Hyatt Denver is in the heart of the Mile High City’s business district.
Complete with a host of comforts, each spacious accommodation, one of the region’s largest, features the Hyatt Grand Bed, free 24 hour fitness facility, indoor pool, room service around the clock, well-lit work stations and high-speed internet access.
6. Convenient access to Starbucks. (Isn’t every place convenient to Starbucks these days?) We will have coffee available during the conference, but it’s nice to know that a Starbucks is also close by.
7. Convenient access to the 16th Street Mall. From Denver.org: Built in 1982, the Mall is a tree-lined, pedestrian promenade of red-and-gray granite that runs through the center of Downtown and is lined with outdoor cafes, renovated historic office buildings, sparkling glass-walled skyscrapers, shops, restaurants and retail stores.
Numerous fountains and plazas offer a variety of daily special events and entertainers. Free shuttle buses cruise the mile-long Mall seven days a week.
16th Street Mall in Downtown Denver
8. You can always cancel later. Hotel Cancel Policy is 24 hours in advance to avoid a one night’s room and tax penalty charge. Given that, even if you’re not sure where you are staying, go ahead and book your hotel just to be safe. You can always cancel later.
9. The rooms will sell out. The $99 rate won’t be around forever. On August 9th, this rate is no longer guaranteed for available rooms in the block. Additionally, the rooms in the block might not even be available due to the hotel selling out. The hotel only has 516 rooms and we are expecting 400 attendees at FinCon12. It’s possible the rooms could sell out in the next couple of months.
10. It’s easy. Just use this link and select “attendee” using the drop down menu, select your dates, rooms, and guests and hit “search”. You’ll then have the option of booking a King or Double bed room at the $99 rate. Other room types are available as well at different rates. A 14.75% tax will be added on to the nightly rate. You can also book over the phone at 1-888-421-1442.
Image by ericrichardson